Sequence and Features
- The Format changes the display of the sequence information.
- The Subparts option will display all subparts that belong to the part (for composite parts only)
- The Ruler option will map out the features of a part along a base pair ruler.
- The SS option will display the sequence as a single strand.
- The DS option will display the sequence as double stranded.
- The Length displays the bp length of the part. Ex. Length: 49bp
- The View plasmid is a third-party tool from LabGenius which shows you how the part and plasmid backbones look as circular DNA.
- The Get part sequence will output the part's sequence as text-only.
- The Assembly Compatibility checks that a part will meet the requirements for the Registry's supported assembly standards. It will show if there are any illegal restriction sites for a part. Note: All part samples submitted to the Registry must be BioBrick (RFC compatible
Note: The Sequence and Features can be edited by going to Tools > Edit Sequence and Features
What do all of the part feature symbols look like/mean?
Here is the graphical key for all of our currently available part features. This information and more graphical keys are also available here
|"s_mutation" (silent mutation) site|
|"misc", "conserved", "operator"|